The Journal of Continuing Education and Extension (JCEE) invites submission of papers for Volume 6 (Issue 1) due for publication in June 2015.
JOURNAL OF CONTINUING EDUCATION AND EXTENSION
INFORMATION FOR CONTRIBUTORS
The Journal of Continuing Education and Extension (JCEE) is an official publication of the Institute of Continuing Education (ICE), approved and recognised by the SENATE of Sokoine University of Agriculture (SUA). It provides a professional medium of communication for creative and innovative action oriented discourse based on research, theory and practice.
The Journal’s audience (contributors and readers) comprises of researchers, practitioners, scholars and educators in various fields such as; extension, continuing professional education (literacy, distance education, vocational education, adult education), experiential learning for different aspects of development, practical implications of cross-cutting issues such as gender, ICT, HIV/AIDS, environment and globalization. Multidisciplinary contributions that cut across professional boundaries are highly encouraged.
The Journal now has three sections. Section one contains original journal articles, section two covers experiences from the field, which present case studies of various practical aspects of extension service delivery and continuing education. Such articles should represent best practices and other experiences that are presented for learning, sharing and scaling up. Section three is intended for book reviews.
Copy right of all articles published in the JCEE, except where indicated in the text, is assigned to the JCEE
Notes for Contributors
- Manuscript submitted to JCEE should not have been submitted to any other journal for publication.
- Manuscript should be submitted in electronic form only.
- Manuscript should be typed for printing on A4 paper, in Times Roman, font 12, using 1.5 spacing, with margins at the sides, top and bottom of at least one inch.
- Articles should not exceed 20 pages
- Manuscript should contain an abstract of 100 – 300 words
- The authors’ name(s) and affiliation(s) should appear on a separate first page, also containing the abstract.
- Sub-titles should be bold and begin from the margin
- Figures and Tables should be presented clearly and precisely to permit reproduction
- Authors should use the Harvard Citation style. Cited works should appear on a separate page of “References”. For example: Sife, A. S, Kiondo, E. and Lyimo-Macha, J. G. (2010). Influence of mobile phones and broadcast media on rural communicative ecologies in Kilosa and Mvomero District, Tanzania. JCEE. 3(2): 1 – 12. Within text such citation would appear as (Sife et al., 2010)
- Submitted manuscript should be written in a standard and consistent manner, free of typographic errors.
- Manuscripts should be in UK English.
- Manuscripts of the field experiences will not require the academic rigour expected of journal articles in terms of conceptualization and analysis. The articles are however expected to present good case studies of experienced providing lessons for others to learn from. Such experiences could be best practices to be adapted or replicated. There could also be examples of bad experiences to be avoided in relation to technical and institutional aspects of development
- Their content should contain a description of (i) the experience (ii) lessons (positive and negative as appropriate)
- Submitted manuscript should be written in a standard and consistent manner, free of typographic errors
- Book review are expected to be of interest and relevant to the field of extension and continuing education
- Book reviews should be concise, not exceeding one page of A4 with spacing 1.5.
The manuscript should be submitted electronically by 31 March 2015 to:
The Chief Editor
Journal of Continuing Education and Extension
Sokoine University of Agriculture
Useful Links to Collaborators
Recently Visited Contents
Best unit and overal winner of Website Ranking in the Sokoine University of Agriculture
University wide Website Committee (UWC) in its 11th meeting held on 7th March 2017 approved the results of ranking of university website for the College/School/Faculty/Department/Institute/Directorate and Centres website for the first quarter(January - March) year 2017.
Congratulations to the following units for winning and being the best College/School/Faculty/Department/Institute/Directorate and Centres website for the first quarter year 2017.